What is Quora? How Does It Work?
In 25 June 2021 Quora will be 12 years old. However, it may have been overlooked from a powerful platform to reach your brand’s audience. Over 300 used users have used Quora extensively and now marketers have food trails left over from them.
If you’re looking to build your thought leadership presence, confirm your authority in your niche, or simply spread your brand awareness, Quora is the right way to go.
However, just like any social marketing campaign, you will need a strategy. Here is your guide on how to use Quora for marketing.
Q&A: WHAT IS QUORA?
Quora is an information-driven site where people ask and answer questions.
Queries, ‘Who wins in a fight between Superman and Captain Marvel?’ ‘How to market on social media?’
With around 400,000 topics on Quora right now, you’re sure to find something worth talking about. Similar to Reddit, Quora relies on a credit-based voting system. The more people upvote your answer, the more visible it becomes. On Quora you can:
- Post content just like you do on LinkedIn’s publishing platform.
- Target your questions to specific Quora users to collaborate with industry influencers.
- Search for specific topics and keywords related to your business.
- Spend money getting your questions in front of more people.
WHY DO YOU NEED A QUORA MARKETING STRATEGY?
A Q&A site may not seem like the most exciting addition to your social media marketing strategy. However, Quora excels at raising organic awareness, boosting your reputation, and even helping you learn more about your target audience. On this platform you get:
- Outstanding reach: Share questions and answers with over 300 million monthly visitors. Quora is one of the most respected UGC platforms around.
- Search visibility: Quora questions are searchable via Google. Your content here stays always green and brings people back to your site when an issue arises.
- Potential for thought leadership: There are numerous high-profile writers on the platform, including Noam Chomsky, former President Obama, and Justin Trudeau. Join their ranks and strengthen your brand.
- Higher quality traffic: Attract customers to your website by answering their questions and showing them how your product or service solves their problems.
- Insights about your audience: Quora is a platform for real people looking for real answers. If you help your target audience, they will support you in return by investing in your products and services.
HOW DOES QUORA GROW YOUR MARKETING?
Social media marketing is strong on Quora. The platform doesn’t just give you another way to reach your target audience. It also provides a roadmap of what they are looking for from your business.
Why spend money on expensive consumer surveys when you can find out what your customers want on Quora? Questions and answers are an excellent idea of your customers, how they think, and what they need.
What’s more, if you’re struggling with the writing barrier and need to update your blog, your Quora marketing strategy will help.
You can even follow threads on Quora to see what your competitors are doing. Avoiding these and actively responding to your customers’ problems will keep you relevant.
PAID ADVERTISING ON QUORA
When you create a Quora account and log in to the platform, you will see your Ads Manager under the Create ad option in your profile. You will need to create an ad account to get started. From there, when on the Manage ads page, you’ll be able to see your spending summary divided into four sections:
There are several ways to use Quora for marketing. When it comes to paid ads, conversion targeting is often the best option. Quora’s conversion optimization campaigns use a specific ‘conversion’ pixel to allow companies to track the impact of Quora ads on their websites.
While there are many tricks and tips to grow your presence on Quora, the most important thing to remember is that you have to offer value. Present yourself as a helpful, knowledgeable resource and your customers will flock to you in search of answers.