How To Learn Spanish Fast and Fluently On Your Own
We all know Spanish is a beautiful language with a long history and over 500 million speakers worldwide. It is one of the easier languages for speakers of English to learn, due to both languages’ shared Latin roots. Learning another language requires time and dedication. The satisfaction you’ll feel after having your first proper conversation in Spanish will make it totally worth the effort! Here are some great ideas on how to learn to speak Spanish and have fun in the process!
Learn Spanish pronunciation. The Spanish alphabet is identical to English, but the pronunciation of each letter is significantly different. Some of the sounds are difficult for English speakers because they don’t occur in that language. A good way to start learning Spanish is to learn how to pronounce each letter of the alphabet. From there, you can learn how to pronounce words. Phrases and then whole sentences, which come next, will be a lot easier. See below for the phonetic pronunciation of each letter in Spanish.:
- A = ah, B = beh, C = seh, D = deh, E = eh, F = eh-feh, G = heh, H = ah-cheh, I = ee
- J = hoh-tah, K = kah, L = eh-leh, M = eh-meh, N = eh-neh, Ñ = eh-nyeh, O = oh
- P = peh, Q = koo, R = eh-reh, S = eh-seh, T = teh, U = oo, V = -beh
- W = oo-bleh-doubleh, X = eh-kees, Y = ee gryeh-gah and Z = theh-tah.
- Note that the only letter in the Spanish alphabet that does not exist in English is the letter Ñ, pronounced eh-nyeh. It is a completely separate letter from the letter N. It’s closest approximation in English would be the “ny” sound in the word “canyon.”
Watch the films (Latin America). Watching movies will help you learn what it looks like, and at the same time help you learn new wordsYou can start watching with subtitles, but subtitles will get more information off. After reading a basic word-phrase, try to hide the subtitles and focus on guessing words you do not know from the ones you know on the screen.
Make friends. You can chat, chat, e-mail and put together on Skype with your friends on the computer to practice your Spanish. By participating in fan communities or learning languages from any language, you can find friends at the top of language educen grouping. (Mondly, Duolingo etc ..) You will find a lot of sites if you are searching for sites like spanish friends in Google)
Sing. Learning to sing and singing, making Spanish better. It’s another way. This will help you learn Spanish sounds (rhyme pronunciation will help you). It will also help to improve your treasure. Find a song, learn it, and find out what the lyrics mean.